In order to make your stay in Ice & Snow accommodations nice and memorable please note the following tips concerning the sleeping comfort:
- If possible, equip yourself with sports underwear (synthetic materials) and a fleece mid layer garment. Wool and cotton are warm to a point but their tendency to gather moisture into fabric makes them uncomfortable and cold after few hours.
- You can place your jacket between a sleeping bag and a mattress so it remains warm and dry over the night. This way it also remains comfortable to slip on if you have to go to a toilet during the night.
- Pay attention to the shoes that you take in Snow Hotel's igloo room. They shouldn't be too technical so that they are easy and fast to put on. Shoes are needed during the night if you need to visit to toilets in the warm building.
Please choose your dream Ice & Snow hotel from left menu.
- Sleeping bags are so warm that you can use them even in temperature of -20 Celsius degrees. However temperature in the igloo rooms stays between 0 and -5 Celsius degrees, no matter what the temperature outside is.
||Operating time 2011-2012:
- Rovaniemi Arctic Snow hotel 1.1.12-5.4.12
- Lainio Snow Village 10.12.11-15.4.12
- Kemi Snow Castle 28.1.11-5.4.11
- Kakslauttanen Snow Igloos 26.12.11-5.4.12
- Alta Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel 15.1.12-1.4.12
Open dates may change, weather permit.
- Kirkenes Snow Hotel 20.12.11-20.4.12